Most universities in the country have moved into online platforms in order that lectures can continue during the Movement Control Order (MCO). For Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), to ensure their students to access their online lectures and resources, YTL Foundation extends its Learn From Home Initiative. This lets USM students apply for free Yes 4G prepaid SIM cards.
A large majority of their students are staying at home during the MCO and are slowly adjusting to online remote learning from their homes. This initiative ensures that none of their students will be left behind due to a lack of affordable and high speed data.
“USM is well pleased with this timely collaboration with YTL Foundation. We truly appreciate the Foundation for providing the Learn From Home free Yes 4G SIM cards in supporting the move by the University to implement and facilitate online learning activities for its students during this period of the COVID-19 outbreak,” says USM Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Sustainability and Institutional Development), Professor Dr. Md. Roslan Hashim.
However, this initiative isn’t only open for a USM student. A parent with children in government schools and independent Chinese Secondary Schools until 31 May 2020 can also apply for applications for the free Yes 4G prepaid SIM cards under YTL Foundation’s Learn From Home Initiative.
If you’re qualified, you can apply for the free SIM card here.
Free phones with 120GB data
YTL Foundation is also giving out free phones with 120GB worth of data (10GB/month for 12 months) to students from B40 families.
Here’s how to apple for a free phone if you qualify:
- Obtain the consent of the parent of a student you are nominating and gather the following information:
- Student MyKid/MyKad number
- Parent MyKad number
- Parent B40 status from the government Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) portal
- To get parent B40 status go to https://bpn.hasil.gov.my/, enter Parent MyKad number, then click ‘Semak’
- Ensure the student is from a B40 family by checking that the parent’s Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) status is ‘LULUS’ and the amount stated is RM1,600. Take a screenshot as evidence. (See sample below)