This version of AutoCount 1.8.24 Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Withholding Tax enhancement
Withholding Tax enhancement
The Withholding Tax functionality is enhanced in this version of AutoCount Accounting. To start using it, the user must first enable the function in the Withholding Tax section of the Options window (as shown below)
After the function is enabled, the user can then go into the General Maintenance menu and select the Withholding Tax Maintenance item to access the Withholding Tax Maintenance window.
Inside this window, the user can create, edit or delete the Withholding Tax Code. The Withholding Tax Codes are divided into two types which are the Receipt type and the Payment type.
After the user is done with the creation of the required Withholding Tax Code, they can now start using the functionality in the ARAP Payment and Refund. During the time of writing, it is planned that the Payment and Receipt Voucher in Cash Book to have the same functionality in an upcoming release. To use the functionality, user can either double click on the value in the Withholding Tax column of the detail portion of the document or pull out the Withholding Tax Detail column from the Column Chooser to have access to a button that opens the Withholding Tax Document window. In this window the user can enter the detail of the Withholding Tax for the particular detail.
The Withholding Tax enhancement is also applicable to the Withholding Tax Transaction Listing report where the report itself is now grouped by the types of Withholding Tax Codes.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fixed an issue in Tax Type Maintenance which does not allow saving when the tax rate is negative.
- Fix Bug: Fixed an issue when doing partial transfer of Item Package from D/O where it will calculate double the amount on Credit Limit.
- Fix Bug: Fixed a rounding amount issue in the GST Capital Goods Adjustment Schedule.
- Fix Bug: Fixed an issue in GST Capital Goods Adjustment Schedule in which some of the Capital Goods Adjustment data would disappear when doing a reset or delete on the GST Processor records.
- Fix Bug: Fixed an issue in the Purchase Request Processing that causes records to be undeletable.
- Fix Bug: Fix a display issue at the IRAS box listing.
- Fix Bug: Fix a bug during the creation of a SGD home currency account book which did not set the Must Specify Tax Code to true.
- Fix Bug: Fix the Custom GST Website ID to the latest version.
- Enhancement: Extend the Serial No length to 40 characters long.
- Enhancement: Enhance the Withholding Tax function to support multiple in one payment method.
- Enhancement: Add the drill down functionality in the Withholding Tax Transaction Listing report.
- Modification: Change the Tax Rate column in the Withholding Tax Document window to non-editable.
- Enhancement: Refine the hint content of the Withholding Tax column.
- Modification: Modify the Configure Malaysia GST wizard for the Import Service portion to not auto select the TX-N43 tax code when auto-generating the tax codes required.
- Fix Bug: Fix inconsistent CGA amount value in Schedule and GST Processor for zero or empty values.
- Enhancement: Add an option to show the fully disposal asset for CGA in GST Processor.
- Enhancement: Save the Process JE Period Adjustment option value for PE when the record is in User status.
- Enhancement: Control the editability of the GST Registration Date, GST Start Date, Fiscal Year and Partial Exemption User Status.
- Enhancement: Calculate the first time taxable period for GST Processor based on GST Start Date.
- Enhancement: Use R4 Taxable Amount instead of O2 Taxable Amount for doing the De-Minimis rule checking in GST Processor (applicable when PE is disabled)
- Enhancement: Show warning message when the total amount of the GST Capital Goods are below 100K.
- Enhancement: Show warning message when the description of the GST Capital Goods is found to be duplicated.
- Enhancement: Remove the AJS_C & AJP_C from the Capital Goods Tax Code list in the confirmation to apply Capital Goods Tax Code method in Cash Book and Journal Entry.
- Enhancement: Include foreign exchange gain/loss for ARRefundKnockOff, APRefundKnockOff, ARContraKnockOff and APContraKnockOff transaction into IRAS box 3.
- Enhancement: Change the Journal Entry Save method use in GST Processor from Save(userID) to Save().