This version of AutoCount 1.8.21 Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Automatically grab GST ID based on Debtor’s Company Name or Company Registration No.
- Imported Service reverse journal now happens at A/P Invoice.
Automatically grab GST ID based on Company Name or Company Registration No.
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, a new function is introduced to allow users to automatically grab the GST ID of both Debtor and Creditor based on their Company Name or Company Registration No. The purpose of introducing this function is to allow users to easily obtain and save the Tax Registration Number of their Debtors and Creditors without having to use more man power to obtain in manually.
Before using this function, be advised that the user has to be connected to the Internet and as such, issues with the connection itself may cause the function to not work properly.
To access this function, just open either the Debtor or Creditor Maintenance and navigate to the Others menu in the screen. Clicking the Grab GST ID from Custom Website button under the Others menu will bring up the form in which you can access the function.
Before a user can retrieve the GST IDs, the user has to select if they wish to retrieve only Debtors that has their “Is Tax Registered” status set to undetermined (set true by default) or to retrieve the GST ID for all of their Debtors. This option only affects the Debtor and not the Creditor side.
Clicking on the Search button will populate the the grids with the Debtor(s) that matches with the criteria previously set as well as all the Creditor(s).
The user then can click on the Retrieve GST ID button to start the grab operation. Be advised once again that you may have to repeat this process several times depending on the Grab Successful status.
After the completion of the Grab process, the user has to verify and select which Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) information they wish to update to the system. The user can either use the Check All button to select all Debtor(s) and Creditor(s), Uncheck All button to deselect all selection or Check Tax Registration Only button to select the Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) that has their Tax Registration Number successfully grab from the Custom website.
Finally just click on the Update button to allow the system to update the registration number into itself. As a reminder, only selected Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) which have their GST ID successfully grabbed from the Custom website will be updated.
Imported Service reverse journal now happens at A/P Invoice.
In the previous version of AutoCount Accounting, the journal entry for Imported Services is created only when there is an A/P Payment done to knock-off the A/P Invoice using the IM-SVC tax code. With the change in the government ruling on the matter of Imported Service, the system will now create the journal entry for Imported Services when the A/P Invoice is created and saved and not as previously mentioned. This change also means that the posting for the journal entry will follow the A/P Invoice document date since it is created following the creation of the document.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Debtor and Creditor Maintenance.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to create new GST Processor for GST on D/O and GST on Payment.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to create new GST Processor for GST Realized Gain Loss.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in A/R and A/P Bad Debt.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to import old table structure in acx file.
- Enhancement: Add Grab GST ID From Custom website function for Debtor and Creditor.
- Enhancement: Enhance Grab GST ID From Custom form design to be more user friendly.
- Fix Bug: Fix localization issue in Edit Opening Balance form.
- Enhancement: Add Remark field into the new Import Item Opening function.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in ARAP Invoice copy from other invoice.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Document Item Transaction Listing Report.
- Fix Bug: Fix import on rich text did not follow option set at form.
- Fix Bug: Fix custom GST Status infinite loop by loading page within 3 seconds.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Options Miscellaneous, Goods & Services Tax and Default Debtor & Creditor.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in License Control.
- Fix Bug: Fix Malaysia GST Options enable when tax currency is not MYR.
- Fix Bug: Fix local bank charge tax and taxable amount for tax transaction audit trail report.
- Fix Bug: Fix ARAP Payment and Refund Knock Off document posting to GLDTL one cents issue.
- Enhancement: Add check tax registration only for Grab GST ID from custom.
- Enhancement: Add Imported Services function for A/P Invoice.
- Enhancement: Show GRAB GST ID from custom form in thread form.
- Fix Bug: Correct wording “Swith” to “Switch”.
- Fix Bug: Change Import Stock default rate from 1 to null.
This is a further update to the official release of version 1.8.21 (Full version is 18.104.22.168).
New Major Feature
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, a newer and better version of the Upgrade Notice function is introduced. This function will now display a discreet message on the bottom right hand corner of the Login window to notify the user that a newer version of the program is available for download.
Clicking on the message will open the Upgrade Version notification window. Here users can see their current program and AutoCount DB version and compare it with the latest version numbers.
Users can also have an easier access to the release notes associated with the update version from this window. To access the release note, the user has to click the button under the Note column and the system will open the webpage containing the release note via a browser window.
Users that have subscribed to the AutoCount Program Update Service can, from the Notification window, download the new version of the program. To do this, just click on the Download link in the Action column and the user will be prompted to enter the AutoCount Program Update User ID and Password that they will receive when subscribing to the above mentioned program.
After downloading the newer version, the user could, via clicking the More Actions link in the Action column, either locate the setup file so that they can copy it to another computer or run the downloaded setup program on their current machine.
What’s fixed in this update:
- Adjust FormGrabGSTIDFromCustom form height to fit into notebook screen.
- Add code to Close button to close the thread form in FormGrabGSTIDFromCuston.
- Modified IRAS to follow 2016 IRAS tax guide.
- Add must specify tax type checking in Cash Book.
- Modify to use GainLossDate instead of DocDate for realized exchange gain/loss transaction in IRAS.
- Add warning message for write off Bad Debt.
- Modify Retrieve Custom GST ID function to fix some issue unable to retrieve data from the Custom website.
- Modify Update Serial Number Manufactured, Expiry and Last Sales Date so that it wont have an empty value.
- Fix DPI issue in Profit & Loss of Document report.
- Add generation code for Committed GST Processor’s currency code.
- Allow export of G/L, A/R and A/P as long as user have both Export Account module and the access right to do so. There is no more checking on G/L, A/R, A/P and POSAccount module.
- Enhancement on the Upgrade Notice function.
This is a further update to the official release of version 1.8.21 (Full version is 22.214.171.124).
What’s fixed in this update:
- Fix an issue in both Cash Book and Journal Entry Print Listing Report where all the columns could not be reloaded after clicking Inquiry.
- Fix an issue in which the UDF fields in Branch tab in Creditor and Debtor Maintenance, Cancel P/O, Cash Purchase, Goods Received Note, Goods Return, Purchase Invoice, Purchase Order, Purchase Return, Request Quotation, Supplier Consignment, Bonus Point Adjustment, Bonus Point Redemption, Cancel S/O, Cash Sale, POS Cash Sale, Consignment, Credit Note, Debit Note, Delivery Order, Delivery Return, Invoice, Quotation and Sales Order can be edited in View mode.
- Fix the Branch UDF Rich Text and Date Time field cannot be shown out in Creditor and Debtor Maintenance.
- Remove FiscalYear.RefreshPeriodLock() method because it is replaced with direct SQL code to check if a period was locked or not.
- Fix an one cent issue in ARAP Payment and Refund Knock Off Document Posting to GLDTL.
- Fix the local amount calculation for gain loss in the ARAP Knock Off.
- Fix the Inclusive Tax calculation for the Journal Entry Rounding Method Whole Document version 3.
- Fix Cash Book’s Tax Type must be selected option for post from source document.
- Fix an issue in the Gain Loss amount calculation when revalue-ing Gain Loss in AR Refund Knock Off.
- Fix the visibility of Bonus Point in Debtor Maintenance Edit window by allowing the availability of POS Module to also control its visibility
- Fix an issue where the incorrect figure being used in Stock Item Inquiry Balance Quantity.
- Fix an issue in the Cancel GST document when doing reset GST Processor.
- Fix an issue where Item Further Description cannot be displayed in the Price History report.
- Fix an issue where columns showing no data after clicking Search in Cash Book and Journal Entry Find Transaction Form.
What’s enhanced in this update:
- Support Import Item Package at Print Bar Code.
- Add the option to either Cancel GST Documents or Delete them when doing reset GST Processor.
This is a further update to the official release of version 1.8.21 (Full version is 126.96.36.199).
What’s fixed in this update:
- Fix the Partial Transfer To function which does not display Cash Sales record in Quotation form.
- Fix an issue in Stock Assembly where the row material also includes cancelled Stock Assembly Order.
- Fix the issue in which Finish Goods shows as stock out in Serial Number Transaction Inquiry.
- Fix an issue in Cash Sale and Cash Purchase where the Payment Currency Rate didn’t update when payment is paid by Cash or Credit Card.
- Fix an issue where users cannot view Contact Info detail on Debtor and Creditor Aging report as the editor is disabled.
- Fix an issue when the home currency is SGD, the option “Must Specify Tax Code” can be disabled where it should not be able to do so.
- Fix incorrect Local Profit calculation when Credit Note is included in Multi-Dimensional Sales Analysis.
- Fix an issue in version 188.8.131.52 where users are unable to edit both PV and OR as an error messsage stating “String was not recognized as a valid Boolean” will prompt out when trying to edit the documents.
What’s enhanced in this update:
- Enhance the APBadDebtType and ARBadDebtType localization to allow lesser loading time.
- Allow empty item code with ATMS and Imported Service Tax Code to prompt Journal Entry screen in Cash Purchase and Purchase Invoice documents
- Support input Item Package by scanning Item Package Code or Item Package Bar Code field in all Sales and Purchase documents.