This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Check Debtor Tax Register at Startup option.
- Must Process AP Bad Debt Relief After Six Month option.
- Addition of Original Document Date to A/P Invoice, A/P Credit Note, A/P Debit Note, Purchase Invoice, Cash Purchase and Purchase Return.
- Enhancement to ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery.
- Fix for GAF Ledger section Name field having no information.
- Past Invoice Bad Debt Relief.
Check Debtor Tax Register at Startup option
A new option is introduced in this version of AutoCount Accounting. As you might be aware, in the previous version of AutoCount Accounting, the addition of the IsTaxRegistered field comes with a checking mechanism that will always prompt the user about the number of Debtors that has the unknown status for the field during AutoCount Accounting startup. As such, from feedback that we have received, the new option is introduced to control the checking mechanism. To access this option, simply navigate to the Tools Options menu and select the Miscellaneous category to either enable or disable the checking mechanism.
Must Process A/P Bad Debt Relief After Six Month option
Another new option is added in this version of AutoCount Accounting. This option “Must Process A/P Bad Debt Relief After Six Month”, is similar to the previously added option “Must Process A/R Bad Debt Relief After Six Month” with the only difference is that the new option applies to the A/P side. To access this option simply navigate to the Tools Options menu and select the Goods and Services Tax category.
According to DG Decision 1/2014, item 3 (v): A GST registered person who has made the input tax claim but fails to pay his supplier within six months from the date of supply shall account for output tax immediately after the expiry of the sixth month. In the previous version of AutoCount implementation, AutoCount has forced users to create A/P Bad Debt Relief for all past 6 months outstanding A/P Invoice(s) and A/P Debit Note(s). However, due to requests from users, we have decided to add this option to allow users has an option not to force all outstanding A/P Invoice(s) and A/P Debit Note(s) to create A/P Bad Debt Relief, however, AutoCount will not bear any responsibilities if you violate this rule.
Addition of Original Document Date to A/P Invoice, A/P Credit Note, A/P Debit Note, Purchase Invoice, Cash Purchase and Purchase Return
A new field is introduced called Original Document Date in A/P Invoice, A/P Credit Note, A/P Debit Note, Purchase Invoice, Cash Purchase and Purchase Return. The reason for this addition is to allow users to enter the document date of the supplier document. For example, the supplier sent an Invoice with a document date of 1st August 2015 but the user only received it on 1st October 2015. Since the user has locked the August period and does not wish to enter the document into AutoCount Accounting with the document date, he/she can use the Original Document Date field to enter the documents date while still using the current date as the new entry date. To access this field, simply navigate to the Edit menu in the Entry window and select the “Set Original Document Date” there.
This enhancement will affect some fields in the documents previously mentioned. The first field affected is the Due Date. If the user sets a value in the Original Document Date field, the Due Date field will use the Original Document Date plus with the term to generate the Due Date. The Aging Date field will also follow the Original Document Date if there is value assigned to it. If however the document is a Past document (i.e Past Invoice) the Original Document Date cannot be fill because the document is already in the past.
4 reports are also affected by this enhancement. These reports are:
- Creditor Aging Report
- Creditor Aging By Agent Report
- Creditor Balance Report
- Creditor Statement Report
Enhancement to ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery
Some enhancement to the ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery mechanism is introduced in this version of AutoCount Accounting. The first enhancement is that the knock-off date will be considered in the ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery while the second enhancement is that the A/R and A/P Bad Debt Recovery generator is placed in the GST Processor wizard. These two enhancements is done due to the fact that the current Bad Debt Relief and Recovery mechanism has a flaw in it.
To understand the flaw, first consider the following scenario (for monthly GST submission), an invoice is entered in the month of April. By the month of October, the outstanding invoice can be considered to be under Bad Debt Relief. However during the earlier parts of the month of November, a payment is done to knock-off the outstanding document. What would happen to the status of that document if the GST Processor for the month of October is run after the payment has occurred? In the older version of AutoCount Accounting, it will consider that document as not required to be under Bad Debt Relief and that is actually wrong as the payment was done in the month of November and not in the month of October where it is still outstanding. As such, with the introduction of the first enhancement previously mentioned, the system will now ensure that the correct status is applied on all documents when the GST Processor is ran. This also applies to doing Bad Debt. If the document is knock off using a post dated cheque, the user cannot do a Bad Debt operation until after the knock off date has passed.
Now the next question would be, how about Bad Debt Recovery for the previous example? Since the payment was done earlier then the GST Processor, the auto Bad Debt Recovery mechanism will not work. This is where the second enhancement comes into play. The older version auto Bad Debt Recovery has been replaced and that the Bad Debt Recovery mechanism will only run when the GST Processor is run for the period the payment is in. So for the earlier example, since the payment is done on November, when the user runs the GST Processor wizard for that months submission, the system will generate the journal entry for the Bad Debt Recovery at the same time, using the last day of the period (which is 31st November) as the journal entry document date. As such, since the auto generate Bad Debt Recovery during payment has been moved, users are required to enter the Bad Debt Recovery document number format in the GST Setting under the Bad Debt Relief tab as shown below.
Another enhancement introduced is that the system will now detect outstanding A/R and A/P Debit Note and generate bad debt for it in the GST Processor. For the Bad Debt Recovery side, the system will now allow the A/R and A/P Credit Note as well as ARAP Contra to be used to generate the Bad Debt Recovery in the system.
Fix for GAF Ledger section Name field having no information
In the previous version of AutoCount Accounting, the GAF file for the Ledger section under the Name column will have no information attributed to it. In this version, to fix the issue, a new column called sourcedtlkey is introduced into the GLDTL table to allow the system to retrieve the correct information. As such, all new transaction will have this column populated to ensure the Name column is filled with the correct information. All older transaction will not have this column populated unless the user either edit and save the document or do a Rebuild GL transactions or repost GL/AR/AP. Be advised that doing a rebuild or repost may trigger the tax severity mechanism especially if the transaction has previously been modified.
Past Invoice Bad Debt Relief
Users using a different accounting system and wish to change to AutoCount Accounting will usually encounter issues concerning their bad debt relief and recovery and how to continue the workflow when migrating to AutoCount Accounting. In this version of AutoCount Accounting, two scenarios for this situation has been taken into account to create a mechanism to help migrating users with this situation. Before we discuss both scenarios, the first thing that must be done is to set the “Apply GST Logic Option” in the Options window to the “Apply Tax Logic for all date”. This is to allow the tax logic to be applied to all past invoices.
Using AutoCount Accounting to claim Bad Debt Relief for Outstanding Invoices from Old System
For this scenario, in the previous software, the user has submitted their GST but has some outstanding invoices that was not claimed under Bad Debt Relief. As such, for this scenario, the user just has to create a Past invoice or Year-To-Date invoice for those invoices mentioned, taking care to also specify the tax code associated with the invoices. When the GST Processor is run in the near future, the system will recognise that these Past/YTD invoices could be processed under Bad Debt Relief and will show them in the Manage Bad Debt portion of the wizard.
Using AutoCount Accounting to do Bad Debt Recovery or Bad Debt for invoices that has claimed Bad Debt Relief in the old system
For this scenario, in the previous software, the user has submitted their GST and has claimed Bad Debt Relief for their outstanding invoices. As such, after entering the Past or Year-To-Date invoices that has bad debt relief claimed, as well as making sure the appropriate tax codes are selected and for the case of A/R Invoices, the Debtor is tax registered (Is Tax Registered field in Debtor maintenance set to True), the user must access the Manage Bad Debt screen under the GST menu. From this screen the user can select the Past or Year-To-Date invoices and create past bad debt relief for it. The user can also undo the created past bad debt relief if needed to in the same window. The created past bad debt relief is actually just a status change so that later on when the user wants to do either a bad debt or bad debt recovery the system will know that this document is under the bad debt relief status.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Gift Rule.
- Fix Bug: Fix the “Cannot set column ‘TaxableName’. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column” issue in Journal Entry.
- Fix Bug: Fix delete at an Item Package master row, when the item package detail is expanded, the grid display will black out issue.
- Fix Bug: Fix delete at last Item Package detail row, the grid display will black out issue.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in FormSimpleARPaymentEdit.
- Fix Bug: Fix Cash Sale change field calculation wrong.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in FormClearCacheAndCriteria and FormCurrentUserSetting.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Manage Fiscal Year.
- Fix Bug: Remove overwrite tax amount and tax if no value or empty during import.
- Fix Bug: Prevent overwrite of other fields if excel file does not provide data at Import Stock Item.
- Enhancement: Add Must Process A/P Bad Debt Relief after Six Month option.
- Fix Bug: Fix Purchase Return Post to APCN rounding 5 cents’s tax code issue.
- Enhancement: Add IsTaxRegistered column into Import Debtor by Excel.
- Enhancement: Add Stock Balance by Location helper object in form script event.
- Enhancement: Add Check Debtor Tax Register at startup option.
- Enhancement: Modified Imported Service post to Journal Entry’s currency to use the Creditor’s currency code.
- Fix Bug: Fix Search Command Timeout changed cannot be save issue.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in GST
- Fix Bug: Fix Qty, Price and Discount cannot be shown in UCPricing.
- Fix Bug: Fix incorrect Cash Book’s local taxable amount field in Tax Transaction Audit Trail report when using Cash Book detail’s inclusive tax.
- Enhancement: Add Supplier Invoice No field for transfer purchase document.
- Fix Bug: Fix “Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row” in Cash Book entry which occur when deleting payment row and copying from another Cash Book entry to the current document.
- Enhancement: Allow account type show in express account edition.
- Fix Bug: Disable period lock checking for Cash Book’s Tax Bill date.
- Fix Bug: Fix Unknown Sql Exception (Number=207., Message=Invalid column name ‘PrinterKey’.).
- Fix Bug: Fix incorrect calculation on unit price and subtotal when have inclusive transaction in Document Item Transaction Listing Report.
- Enhancement: Add original document date for A/P Invoice, A/P Credit Note, A/P Debit Note, Purchase Invoice, Cash Purchase & Purchase Return.
- Enhancement: Consider knock off date for ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery.
- Enhancement: Move the ARAP Bad Debt Recovery generator to GST Processor Wizard.
- Enhancement: Add some debtor and creditor info in ARAP Bad Debt Relief and Recovery.
- Enhancement: Allow ARAP Debit Note to generate ARAP Bad Debt.
- Enhancement: Allow ARAP Credit Note & Contra to generate ARAP Bad Debt Recovery.