This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Addition of the Is Tax Registered field for Debtor
- Function to fix Primary Key errors
- Addition of Supply/Purchase to A/R CN, A/R DN, A/P CN A/P DN
Addition of the Is Tax Registered field for Debtor
A new field is introduced in the Debtor maintenance for this version of AutoCount Accounting. The field, named as Is Tax Registered, is a field that users must maintain if they wish to claim the Bad Debt Relief of outstanding invoices for that debtor. As such, after upgrading to this version of AutoCount Accounting, users will be greeted with an information window specifying how many debtors that do not have this field set (as shown below).
When specifying that a particular debtor is tax registered, users must also specify the tax registration number of the debtor before saving. A further check is also done to ensure that the entered tax registration number complies with the correct length, which is 12 characters long.
If in the event of the user forgetting to set the Is Tax Registered status of the debtor, when running the GST Processor, the system will check for the status before allowing the wizard to run. If it founds that there are unknown status in the system, it will prompt for the user to maintain the status especially if the debtor has an outstanding invoice that could be claimed as bad debt relief.
If the debtor is not a tax registered debtor, their outstanding invoices that falls under the bad debt relief period will not be shown in the Manage Bad Debt wizard following the DG decision which is the debtor must be a GST registered person for the bad debt relief to be claimable.
Function to Fix Primary Key errors
A new fix function has been added into the AutoCount Accounting Management Studio program in this version of AutoCount Accounting. The function, named as Fix Internal Key, will check the integrity of all the internal keys used by AutoCount by comparing the current maximum value of the keys with the current system value as well as fixing it if there is discrepancy between them. The reason for the inclusion of this fix function is to help users fix the Primary Key error that sometimes occur when creating a new document.
To access the fix function, just run the Management Studio program and navigate to the Data Consistency menu.
Addition of Supply/Purchase to A/R CN DN, and A/P CN DN
A new field is introduced for the A/R CN, A/R DN, A/P CN and A/P DN detail tables. This field, Supply/Purchase, works similarly to the one previously added in the Journal Entry detail, in that it allows for each detail row for the document to be specified to either an input tax or output tax.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Enhancement: Enhance Transfers Form to remember maximize screen setting.
- Enhancement: Modify allow by pass tax transaction severity for AR DN, AR Invoice, AP DN and AP Invoice.
- Enhancement: Update Item Opening’s Serial Number Info when edit manufactured date, expiry date, last sales date, remarks or note field only.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to save after edit master serial number data for Stock Assembly document.
- Enhancement: Function to fix internal key for Primary Key errors.
- Enhancement: Add Is Tax Registered field for Debtor to identify specific debtor that can do GST Bad Debt.
- Enhancement: Add Supply/Purchase field for ARAP DN & CN which allow ARAP Bad Debt to generate input or output tax code.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to reset latest GST Processor after delete ARAP Bad Debt Recovery record in system.
- Fix Bug: Correct the Bank Recon’s filter by date “From” date which displays incorrect date when the “To” date is the end of the month.
What’s fixed in this update:
- Fix SubTotal value does not tally with Multi Dimensional POS Analysis.
- Fix edit column form for Financial Reports move up/move down button does not reflect the Project/Department.
- Fix DPI issue in the Options windows.
- Fix extra discount issue when add new empty line.
- Fix Item Package detail’s batch not having a value when doing Sales or Purchase document transfer.
- Remove the license checking control on the tax date to allow current date documents to have future GST dates when using temporary license.
- Modify Debtor’s Is Tax Registered field checking so that the checking is no longer rigid.
- All plug-ins previously compiled after ver 1.8.8 are fully compatible.
- All application script and report script are compatible with ver 1.8.8 and after version.